Wooden church from 1792
In Bingsjö a new, roomier chapel was erected in 1864 after the old one, belltower excluded, had been torn down. The new chapel was built both of timber from the old prayerhouse and from a building in Svabensverk. Two years later the tower was added.
Due to two major restaurations, one in 1963 under the lead of the famous artist from Rättvik, Jerk Werkmäster, the chapel got its appearance.
The unpainted ceiling, walls and arches gives character to the church interior.
At the organstand you can see folklore paintings from 1841.
An external renovation took place in 1972 and in 1991 the chapel got its white exterior.
The altar is simple but is accentuated by the altarpiece. In an old frame from the motherchurch Jerk Werkmäster painted an altarpiece which portrays "Jesus entering Jerusalem". The altarpiece is crowned by the allseeing eye of God, surrounded by the "rays of heavenly light".
The pulpit, bought from Vika in 1795, was built in 1634 and is a fine piece of work.
Nowadays service is held twice a month.
Translation made by: Maria Brandes